Strata Engineering is a dynamic organization that is constantly growing. We are actively seeking talented engineers, Technologists, and other qualified persons with a passion for building science.
As a dynamic firm, we are looking for professional and highly motivated staff with a range of experiences. In particular, we are interested in individuals who possess specific interest and training in building science and building enclosure issues along with some practical field experience in construction.
*We offer competitive compensation with full health benefits, professional development and fast advancement to the right candidates.
We are looking for someone that leads a team by example, a team player that thrives in a fast paced environment, to join our New Westminster office.
– Performing Building Envelope Condition Assessments
– Design Preparation and Review
– Field Review
– Quality Control and Task Assignments
– Drawing Review
– Specification and Details Preparation
– Rehabilitation Construction Review
– Professional Engineer with APEGBC
– Minimum 10 years of experience within the building science discipline.
– Experience with structural design is a plus
We are looking for a technologist with people management, project management and field work experience to join us as soon as possible.
– English Language – Native or Full professional working proficiency
– Strong work ethic and willingness to learn
– Excellent organizational and communication skills
– Strong integrity and dedication
– Strong attention to detail
Skills and Competency
– Understanding of residential, commercial and institutional building design and construction
– Knowledge of BC Building Code (Parts 3, 5 and 9)
– Knowledge of municipal requirements for permit applications
– Well versed with drafting using AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit etc.
– Minimum 3 years Experience in Building Envelope design
– Experience in Fieldwork and site inspections is mandatory
– Experience in the preparation of specifications
– Knowledge of building enclosure
– Experience with structural design is a Plus
– Graduation from DipT., B.Arch or similar programs
– Specialized training in drafting/AtoCAD certification is preferred but not mandatory
– Certification as AScT., C.Tech is a Plus
Roles and responsibility
– Inspections and field reviews
– Report preparation
– Preparation of specifications
– Design and drafting
– Administration and organization
– Communication with municipal governments and clients
To submit your application for consideration, please submit a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com